Source: Researching Local History: A Guide to Sources held by Dumfries and Galloway Council. A nonconformist church is any church that is not the Established church. Source: Annals of the Free Church of Scotland, 1843–1900, ed. The original site did not allow for expansion so a site was acquired in St. A photocopy of the Kirk Session Minutes for 1757-1900 are at the Stewartry Museum in Kirkcudbright. In 1865 the Associate Church became known as the United Presbyterian Church, purchasing a manse and garden at 42 High Street.
The small Grey Friars Episcopal Church is at the junction of Castle Street and Saint Cuthbert Street. Records: 1886-1997, originals at the Stewartry Museum in Kirkcudbright. Current catalog entry is MPHH1/37 although originally the map was in WO78/1837.
The congregation built The Iron Church, affectionately known as 'The Wee Tin Kirk', which occupied the site on the west side of St. Some time between 19 the Castle School was converted to meet the needs of the congregation.
Source: Kirkcudbright: An Alphabetical Guide to its History by David R. This parish is not listed in Scottish Catholic Family History: A family historian's guide to Catholic Parish Registers and Cemetery Records for Scotland and the Bishopric of the Forces by Andrew R.
Old Kirkcudbright: Descriptions, engravings, maps, photographs and walks. Location - The Church is access from High Streetby the narrow street next to the Police Station and library. Records—Baptisms 1852–1868Marriages 1852–1868 For information write to: St. Cuthbert’s Catholic Church High Street Kirkcudbright DG6 4JWScotland For earlier records, see Dalbeattie.
It shows buildings, ships and cliffs in perspective. Map was found by referring to the PRO Guide to Maps [Proper title? The original is 55.4 cm x 132.8 cm and so is large and difficult to photograph.
Source: Kirkcudbright: An Alphabetical Guide to its History by David R. Source: Researching Local History: A Guide to Sources held by Dumfries and Galloway Council. Plan was presented to the Board of Ordnance by Theodore Dury, 1711. Approximate scale: 1 inch to 180 Scotch ells (3 feet 1 inch to the ell). The map does not appear in the online catalog when searching on Kirkcudbright. This place is supposed to have derived its name, originally Kirk-Cuthbert, from the dedication of its ancient church to the Northumbrian saint of that name. The parish includes the ancient parishes of Galtway and Dunrod, which, on the dilapidation of their churches, were annexed to it in 1683. This town plan was surveyed in 1850 at a scale of 50.There are places of worship for members of the Free Church, and the United Secession. 1791-99) and the The New Statistical Account of Scotland (pub. This map is sheet 5 of 131 sheets of the One-inch to one mile 1st Series Ordnance Survey Map, surveyed between 18, published in 1857. Extract from map showing Kircudbright, Kircudbright Bay and St. This plan at 6 inches to the mile shows the new boundaries of the town. Much of the map shows the bay rather than the town which is at the left edge of the map but still provides an early portrayal of the town. The report associated with this map verbally describes the proposed and executed new boundaries to the town.